In the shimmering world of glamour, there are many things that are often kept a secret, especially when it comes to cosmetic surgeries. Uorfi Javed rose to fame with her peculiar dressing sense which has helped her earn a massive following on social media. Not long ago, she was in the headlines because of her undereye fillers, which she got due to constant trolling for her dark circles. Now, the 25-year-old has opened up about getting lip fillers since she was 18. Recently, she went unfiltered and uploaded images of botched up lip jobs on her social media handle, with a warning for her fans.
Uorfi Javed opens up about getting lip fillers
“I’ve been getting lip fillers from the age of 18, I didn’t have that much money back then but I always felt my lips were too thin and I wanted bigger fuller lips. I went to dermat deni we’re ready to do it for less and these were the results at times! I had to get them dissolved and mind it it’s the most painful thing ever (sic),” Uorfi Javed captioned the image.
Reminiscing her disappointing experience with lip fillers, the actor and model shared that people should be careful while getting fillers or Botox. However, her post was more about being mindful when choosing these cosmetic surgeries rather than blindly following in someone’s footsteps. “I still very much have lip fillers just that I know what suits my face and I know now less is more. Encouraging everyone to thoroughly research before going to any doctor. I actually recommend fillers to everyone, if you have some insecurities about your face or body instead of hating yourself or your face it’s just better to opt for fillers or surgeries but but but from a very good doctor only,” she adds.
Uorfi’s post is a reminder of how one should do their research well while choosing such procedures and going into them blindly. Having said that Health Shots reached out to Dr Debraj Shome, Senior Cosmetic Surgeon and Director, The Esthetic Clinics, to understand more about lip fillers or dermal fillers.
What to do before lip fillers
Nowadays, lip fillers are not limited to celebrities. A lot of people go for lip fillers to give a fuller appearance to your lips. Dr Shome explains, “Lip fillers involve administering injections by a cosmetic surgeon to alter the appearance of your lips. This includes enhancing their volume, modifying their shape, ensuring symmetry, and adjusting proportions.”
For the unversed, lips fillers are also referred to as derma fillers that help enhance the volume and fullness of lips. Here are some things you should keep in mind before getting lip fillers recommended by the expert:
1. First and the most important step before getting a lip filler is to choose the right cosmetic surgeon. You should check your doctor’s credentials first before you decide about getting lip fillers.
2. There are both temporary and permanent options so make sure you consult the expert who will guide you regarding this.
3. Mention the medicines and treatments you are getting before opting for lip fillers.
4. Avoid taking blood thinners, NSAIDs, vitamin E, fish oil, and alcohol before the surgery to avoid the risk of prolonged swelling or bruising.
5. Your lips won’t hurt but there will be minor bruising which can be managed within a day.
6. Since the procedure is safe for people of all age groups, you don’t have to panic at all.
What to do after getting lip fillers
If you have recently got a lip filler done or planning on getting one done, avoid these things:
1. Use a vitamin K cream or aloe vera gel to reduce the swelling after consulting the expert.
2. Apply an ice pack by covering it with a thick clean cloth on the lips if you experience swelling, itching, bruising, or any other pain.
3. Avoid doing any strenuous activities for at least a day or two after getting lip filler.
4. You can opt for a light exercise such as walking but you should check with your doctor first.
5. Drink plenty of water as it will allow your body to heal faster.
6. Eat a well-balanced diet that includes a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
7. Avoid steam rooms, saunas, or heated exercise classes for 48 hours as high heat can increase the swelling.
8. Take the proper medication prescribed by your doctor to avoid complications.
9. Do not try any home remedies for reducing swelling or bruising of the lips.
10. Sleep with your head elevated to tackle swelling and avoid swelling on your face.
11. Do not use makeup on your lips for up to 48 hours after the procedure.
12. Avoid drinking alcohol as it acts like a blood thinner that may lead to inflammation and worsen the swelling.
13. Do not smoke as it may elevate your chances of getting infections.
14. Avoid using a straw to drink water or other liquids as the straw can put pressure on the lips.
15. You should not eat spicy or acidic foods that may cause a stinging or burning sensation.
While lip fillers are considered a safe option, it should be done under the supervision of a skilled expert. Make sure you talk to your healthcare provider to know what will suit you the best.