When it comes to natural beauty elixirs, sugarcane juice takes the crown as the ultimate sweet surprise! This delicious nectar not only tantalizes our taste buds but also works wonders for our skin and hair. Bursting with nutrients and brimming with goodness, sugarcane juice is a delightful treat that can transform your beauty routine. Let’s hear from an expert about the benefits of applying sugarcane juice on skin and hair, and ways in which we can use it.
Sugarcane juice or ganna is making its way into the realm of cosmetic products. With its array of beneficial properties and natural goodness, sugarcane juice has become a beloved ingredient in the beauty industry. Skincare and haircare products infused with sugarcane juice are capturing the attention of beauty enthusiasts worldwide. From rejuvenating face masks to hydrating hair treatments, these innovative formulations harness the power of sugarcane juice to nourish, revitalize, and enhance the natural beauty of the skin and hair.
Benefits of applying sugarcane juice on skin and hair
1. Fights acne and blemishes
The antimicrobial properties of sugarcane juice make it effective in combating acne-causing bacteria. “Sugarcane contains alpha hydroxy acids which decreases accumulation of bacteria, removes the sebum and also reduces blemishes as it increases cell turnover,” says Dr Rashmi Aderao, M. D. Dermatology consultant, Ruby Hall Clinic. Its natural acids help unclog pores, reduce excess oil production, and prevent the formation of blackheads and whiteheads. Regular use can also lighten acne scars and blemishes, promoting a clearer complexion.
2. Moisturizes and hydrates
Sugarcane juice is an excellent natural moisturizer for the skin. Its high glycolic acid content helps retain moisture, keeping the skin hydrated and preventing dryness. Regular application can help combat issues like flaky skin, dullness, and rough patches.
3. Delays signs of ageing
Dr Aderao explains that sugarcane juice is packed with proteins, minerals, iron, zinc, potassium. It is also rich in antioxidants, flavonoids and prevents free radical damage. Sugarcane juice has vitamins A and C which help prevent oxidative stress. It aids in reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and age spots, promoting a youthful and radiant complexion.
4. Exfoliates and removes dead cells
The natural alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) present in sugarcane juice gently exfoliate the skin, removing dead cells and impurities, as a result whitening your skin. This process promotes cell turnover and reveals fresh, radiant skin underneath. Regular exfoliation with sugarcane juice can enhance the skin’s texture and impart a healthy glow.
5. Can heal wounds
Sugarcane juice has wound healing properties that can help speed up the recovery process. “The natural antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds present in sugarcane juice, including vitamin C, can assist in reducing inflammation and promoting tissue repair,” says Dr Aderao. You can apply sugarcane juice topically to minor cuts, wounds, or skin irritations to aid in the healing process.
6. Good to maintain hair health
According to Dr Aderao, sugarcane juice can hydrate and condition the hair, help fight dandruff and can also promote hair growth. The nutrients present in sugarcane juice, such as vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, provide essential nourishment to the hair follicles, promoting healthy hair growth. It acts as a natural conditioner, adding shine and softness to the hair strands. The natural acids in sugarcane juice help balance the pH level of the scalp, reducing dandruff and other scalp problems.
Ways to use sugarcane juice in your beauty routine:
1. Skin Toner: Dab a cotton ball soaked in sugarcane juice on your face after cleansing to use it as a natural toner. It helps tighten the pores, balance the skin’s pH level, and promote a fresh and radiant complexion.
2. Face Mask: Mix sugarcane juice with a tablespoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey to create a rejuvenating face mask. Apply it evenly on your face, leave it on for 15-20 minutes, and rinse off with lukewarm water. This mask can help exfoliate, brighten, and moisturise the skin.
3. Hair Rinse: After shampooing, use sugarcane juice as a final hair rinse. Massage it into your scalp, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse thoroughly. It will help condition your hair, promote shine, and keep the scalp healthy.
4. Scalp Massage: Combine sugarcane juice with a few drops of your preferred oil, such as coconut or almond oil. Massage the mixture into your scalp for a few minutes to stimulate blood.
At last Dr Aderao advises that the application of sugarcane juice can cause skin irritation and allergy to some people, So before using it topically consult your dermatologist or do a patch test on your skin.
So, go and give your skin and hair some TLC with this nature’s sweetest gift!